Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes




“It was so beautiful. I thought it was so pretty. I really loved hiking it.” 

-Avery A. | Pittsboro, NC


“The first thought I had when I saw the Grand Canyon was that I want to jump in it. Not actually but I want to live in it. I love it” 

-Evelyn A. | Chapel Hill, NC


“It was AWESOME! Words and pictures could never express how beautiful it was. Everyone should see it at least once in their life!”

-Morgan B. | Waxhaw, NC


“How is this real life? Pictures don’t do it justice.” 

-Sophie B. | Lake Waccamaw, NC


“When we first arrived at the canyon I thought it wouldn’t be as grand as they say because of all the photos we see, but photos can’t capture what I saw at the Grand Canyon.” 

-Tristan B. | Gastonia, NC


“There is no words to describe the canyon! Just from the rim, it was beautiful, but going inside was an even different experience. There is no way to put it into the words what it looks like!” 

-Lindsay B. | Mooresville, NC


“This doesn’t even look real, I feel like I’m looking at a picture because there’s no way I’m actually at the Grand Canyon right now.” 

-Sarah B. | Denver, NC


“The canyon is so much bigger and prettier in person. My jaw dropped when we saw the canyon during sunset” 

-Jenna B. | Gastonia, NC


“I can’t describe the Grand Canyon,  you just need to see it” 

-Elizabeth B. | Raleigh, NC


“Everyone knows about the beauty of the Grand Canyon, but no amount of pictures or words could describe the incredible view.” 

-Grace B. | Sanford, NC


“There are no words that I could ever use to explain how gorgeous it is. The pictures also can never show the beauty of the Grand Canyon! I would come back in a heartbeat.”

-Lydia B. | Gastonia, NC


“The Grand Canyon was absolutely breathtaking. The pictures on my camera do it no justice at all. I cannot wait to come back one day!” 

-Samantha C. | Whiteville, NC


“The Grand Canyon was way more beautiful than expected. I’m not normally intrigued by landscapes, but it was breathtaking. “

-Maysen C. | Greensboro, NC


“It was very beautiful to look at, though it was not so much beautiful hiking back up a 1.5 miles.” 

-Warren “Fridge” C. | Union, SC


“The pictures cannot show just how beautiful it is.” 

-Eva C. | Gastonia, NC


“Wow! It is so big!” 

-Mary Claire C. | Cramerton, NC


“They were not lying when they say there are no word to describe the view you see. This was my second time seeing the Grand Canyon and it just gets better every time.” 

-Nicholas D. | Gastonia, NC


“I have always seen pictures of the Grand Canyon and yes it was beautiful but nothing compares to seeing it in person. I even got up early to see the sunrise and it was absolutely breathtaking. I will forever remember this day! 

-Lilly D. | Salisbury, NC


“Nothing compares to the beauty of seeing the Grand Canyon. Being able to hike such a beautiful place with so many friends was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget. Truly one of the best days ever!”

-Carleigh D. | Aiken, SC


“It seemed like it was straight out of a sci-fi movie! It was pretty hard to comprehend how it was even real.”

-Luke D. | Gastonia, NC


“No way this is actually real.” 

-Logan D. | Cherryville, NC


“Best birthday ever!” 

-Josh D. | Gastonia, NC


“The Grand Canyon was incredible and hiking it was an experience I will never forget!” 

-Mary Stewart E. | Gastonia, NC


“My first impression of the Grand Canyon was that it was truly incredible. I also remember thinking how insane it was that it was real life.” 

-Delaney F. | Salisbury, NC


“It was absolutely amazing! There aren’t enough words o describe how beautiful it was and how massive it is. It almost seemed unreal!” 

-Laura G. | Lincolnton, NC


“There are truly no words to describe how breathtakingly beautiful the canyon is. Once you step in and you see the light beaming off of the rock formations in the canyon, all you can do is thank God for creating such a magnificent place for us to hike into. This is easily one of the only places on Earth that have left me speechless after visiting.” 

-Gabriel G. | Union, SC


“NO pictures or words can describe the Grand Canyon.” 

-Coleman G. |  


“It looks like I’m looking through VR goggles and it’s even more beautiful when you’re actually inside.” 

-Alina G. | Mooresville, NC


“The Grand Canyon was absolutely astounding. So much meaning can be derived from how perfect it is.” 

-Porter H. | Chapin, SC


“Very red, dusty, and beautiful” 

-Cathryn H. | 


“The Grand Canyon was beautiful beyond belief words cannot even begin to explain its beauty. It looked like a green screen when I saw it.”

-Claire H. | Dallas, NC


“Many people talk about how amazing the view of the Grand Canyon is but seeing the canyon for the first time is such an amazing moment that will leave you speechless over the beauty of it.”

-Kiya H. | Charlotte, NC


“I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon, so I never really understood just how stunning it was, but I was truly speechless when I took my first look at it. The canyon appears to be painted like a picture and radiates such a beautiful energy. The feeling of seeing the canyon for the first time and being able to hike 6 miles in it is unreal, and I still cannot believe I did it.” 

-Reese H. | White Lake, NC


“Went in with two great ankles, only came out with one…but I loved it!” 

-Parker H. | Sanford, NC


“I thought the Grand Canyon was amazing and so crazy to see something so big that was formed like that. I loved all the views especially watching the sun rise and sunset!” 

-Leslie H. | Gastonia, NC


“I was speechless.” 

-Morgan I. | Greensboro, NC


“From elmos in Arizona, to Darth Vaders in Vegas, the canyon has got to be the most magnificent and heart stopping place we have visited.” 

-Ryan J. | Morehead City, NC


“It’s huge!!” 

-Haylie J. |  


“The Grand Canyon really showed the extend of God’s Glory.  When you first see the vast expanse of the canyon, you truly see why the pics do it no justice.”

-Hudson J. | Spartenburg, SC


“My first thoughts when I saw the Grand Canyon were that it doesn’t even feel real. It feels like a green screen in the back of a picture. When I first saw it, I realized why people say that no words or pictures  can describe it.” 

-Justin K. | Belmont, NC


“The first time I saw the Grand Canyon it was so beautiful that I cried!” 

-Kate L. | Mt. GIlead, NC


“There are truly no words to describe it. It’s amazing.” 

-Maddie L. | Gastonia, NC


“Words could never describe how the canyon looked or how it made me feel. You’re missing out if you don’t see the canyon in your life.”

-Gia L. | Mooresville, NC


“I thought it looked small even though it was huge. I thought it was really pretty but I didn’t cry!” 

-Emma Grace M. | Indian Trail, NC


“OOH MY GOSH! I don’t know even know what to say!“ 

-Alli M. | Mooresville, NC


“The first time I saw the Grand Canyon, I was like wow this is awesome.” 

-Bo M. | Monroe, NC


“I’ve always heard that pictures can’t describe the feeling of actually being there… I couldn’t believe I was there and all the beauty that comes with seeing it and all the emotions.”

-Gus M. | Monroe, NC 


“When I saw the Grand Canyon, it seemed to go on forever and was so beautiful that my pictures could never do it justice.” 

-Ava M. | Wilmington, NC


“No two visits to the Grand Canyon are the same. Every time its beauty is shocking and always amazes me. It’s something everyone should see.”

-Andrew M. | Salisbury, NC


“I have always heard people talk about the Grand Canyon and I honestly just thought they were being dramatic. Even looking at pictures online don’t do it justice. Truly breathtaking beauty, that is the Grand Canyon.” 

-Connor M. | Salisbury, NC


“The Grand Canyon was a sight worth seeing!” 

-Chris M. | 


“I saw it and I was instantly amazed by the size of the canyon. But then I thought, “I have to go all the way down there, and then do it again, in reverse.” 

-Cohen “Bucket” M. | 


“The Grand Canyon opened my eyes to how truly beautiful our country is. Seeing the Grand Canyon will forever be one of my favorite sights ever.”

-Helena M. | Charlotte, NC


“In all honesty, you truly have to experience the Grand Canyon to understand the impact and beauty it has. Being able to hike the Grand Canyon is something I will never take for granted, and I can proudly say I did It beside some of my forever friends! I will be forcing my family to hike it with me again. The Grand Canyon took my breath away, literally and figuratively. 

10/10 would recommend.“ 

-Abby O. | Gastonia, NC


“I never really understood what was so amazing about the Grand Canyon till I hiked and got to see it. You don’t understand the beauty behind it till you see it through your own very eyes! Of course don’t forget to lick the Grand Canyon so you can always say you did.”

-Nikole P. | Mooresville, NC


“The Grand Canyon is amazing and the pictures don’t do it any justice!“

-Auden P. | China Grove, NC


“When I first saw the Grand Canyon, it felt like I was staring at a movie screen because its existence seemed unbelievable. The first sight of it was overwhelming, and no description could capture its beauty and the feelings it invoked.” 

-Mary P. | Raleigh, NC


“I’ve always heard from others that the Grand Canyon is indescribable and I didn’t understand that until I first laid eyes on it. I have never experienced something as unreal and mesmerizing as the Canyon. I can’t wait to come back with my family!” 

-Billie P. | Fort Mill, SC


“People always say there is no way to describe the sight of the canyon for the first time, I couldn’t agree more. It is one of the most unremarkable sights I will ever see.” 

-Dallas P. | Mooresville, NC


“Truly iconic for a reason. Five out of five stars.” 

-Josie P. | Reidsville, NC


“No picture can make you perceive how big and beautiful the Grand Canyon is. It’s just something you have to experience in person.” 

-Piper P. | Whiteville, NC


“Imma be real, it’s a lot cooler than Salisbury. It didn’t feel real. It looked like a Bob Ross painting and I could just reach out and touch it. It truly was a once in a lifetime view.”

-Drew R. | Salisbury, NC


“The Grand Cannon has always been on my bucket list. And now that I’ve seen it, I believe when the TWB counselors told me you will have no words.”

-Lacey R. | Troutman, NC


“So beautiful!” 

-Ingrid R. | Elgin, SC


“The Grand Canyon is one of the most amazing sights ever to be seen! Hiking the Grand Canyon with this group and seeing all of God’s glory and his beautiful creation is truly incredible.” 

-Sarah R. | Lincolnton, NC


“So much better in person.”

-Matthew R. | Kings Mountain, NC


“It was magnificent, and it was hard to believe something so beautiful was in our backyard. I can’t wait to come back with my family!”

-Elise S. | Huntersville, NC


“The Grand Canyon was truly one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. It was not only absolutely gynormous, but also breathtaking and it is truly something I think everyone should see.” 

-Chaning S. | Mount Holly, NC 


“It was so beautiful to look at but the best part by far was hiking the 6 miles. Every time you saw it, it became more and more beautiful.” 

-Lauren S. | Mooresville, NC


“This is real? Even a National Geographic photographer couldn’t do this place justice and show how truly magnificent and breathtaking the first time you ever see the Grand Canyon is.” 

-Ethan “Easy E” S. | Concord, NC


“The Grand Canyon was so breathtaking that I couldn’t believe it wasn’t a picture! I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have seen it in person… I wish my mom could’ve seen it as well!” 

-Mylee S. | Norwood, NC 


“I have always seen pictures of the Grand Canyon but never seen it in real life. When I tell you it’s breathtaking and beautiful, it really is.” 

-Olivia T. | Belmont, NC


“What everyone says is true. There really are no words to describe the Grand Canyon!” 

-Jocelyn T. | Cary, NC


“Hiking the Grand Canyon was one of the best experiences of my life. It was like nothing I had ever done or seen and opened up a new passion for me. The next morning, I got up at 4am to see the sunrise and dangling my feet on the wall watching the sunrise was something that I had never experienced. I can’t wait to come back again.” 

-Hunter V. | Gastonia, NC


“I have always heard people talk about the Grand Canyon and how beautiful it was…After taking my first look at the Canyon, there are truly no words to express how incredible it really is. Once you visit the Grand Canyon, you can only thank God for his breathtaking creations.” 

-Kelsie W. | Lake Waccamaw, NC 


“All of the counselors kept saying that it would take our breath away and be like nothing we had ever seen, and I thought they were just trying to get us excited. I realized they were telling the truth when we came around the corner and it literally looked like a beautiful painting in an art gallery.” -Emery W. | Yanceyville, NC


“Going into the Canyon I had very high hopes because of the stories I have heard from pasts trips and also from the counselors. When were arrived to the Grand Canyon and got off the bus to walk to the overlook, I was in awe when I first saw it. My first thoughts were, am I even on Earth right now?” 

-Fletcher W. | Charlotte, NC


“The Grand Canyon was pretty grand.”

Archie Y. | Gastonia, NC


“Hiking the Grand Canyon was a once in a lifetime experience, especially since I got to do it with 79 other teenagers. It’s amazing to be able to see how beautiful nature is while having a good time with friends.” 

-Eve Z. | Mount Holly, NC